Skip to main content

REV. YAKUBU PAM's EPISTLE

NIGERIA IS WORK IN PROGRESS, YOU MAY BE THE PARTNER GOD NEEDS, LET'S BE HOPEFUL IN THE MIDST OF OUR CHALLENGES AS A NATION.
Rev. Yakubu Pam

Today I Briefed President Muhammadu Buhari on my Peace Building Engagements Across the Country.

I acknowledge the fact that Mr. President in my appointment as the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Christian Pilgrim Commission (NCPC) encourages me to combine my duties with my passion in the area of Peace Building.

Today I am very privilege to stand before Mr. President to give a brief account of what has been done in this report since assuming duties in the Nigeria Christian Pilgrim Commission in July, 2020, I have taken steps to entrench Peace building as a component of my work in the Commission. I informed Mr. President that a Peace Building Desk has been created in the Commission.

I intimated Mr. President that awareness creation was critical to achieving an enduring peace building in the country and so I was able to lay this as a proper foundation by calling on all Nigerians to embrace Peace.
I highlighted some of my actual Peace building activities so far in a paper to Mr. President titled. “In Peace We Blossom.

I recall my 3-Days Peace Summit on Southern Kaduna which was aimed at de-escalating the rising violence in that part of the Country. The major resolution at the Kaduna Summit was that all stakeholders should take the task of Building Peace as their collective responsibilities and not to depend wholly on Government to create peace.
Equally I briefed Mr. President on my Peace Building efforts in Plateau, Benue Taraba and Nasarawa State.

And also my Peace building effort with Religious leaders as a way of reducing ill-feelings in the Church towards activities of government. To this effect, I stated that a Peace Summit involving all high hierarchies in the Church was being proposed. As a component of the Peace Summit, A Prayer Summit will be held to douse mounting pressures within the polity in Nigeria.

About 50 eminent Church leaders attended the meeting with religious leaders in Lagos and that such meeting will be replicated in South – East and South-South Zones this year.
I also inform the No.1 Citizen of Nigeria that I met with the National Youth Council of Nigeria and Ethic Youth Leaders in order to have their support to achieve peace nationally.

I commend Mr. President’s vision on Peace Building. I thank him for the confidence reposed on me to drive the peace building initiatives.
My appreciation also goes to the Secretary to the Government of the Federation Mr. Boss Mustapha for his unalloyed support since I assume office as the Executive Secretary of NCPC.

Comments

  1. Don't be political and selfish, things are not going well in the country and nobody is saying anything. God is watching and you will be accountable for your stewardship if you are truly of God

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

They Killed My Husband, Not My Mind”: Widows Reclaim Hope Through Scarlet Cord Initiative In Southern Kaduna, trauma-healed widows are turning grief into business ideas and resilience into economic power.

​Widows Reclaim Hope Through Scarlet Cord Initiative In Southern Kaduna, trauma-healed widows are turning grief into business ideas and resilience into economic power. By Justin Jattim  A non-profit organization dedicated to the empowerment, education, and economic upliftment of vulnerable women and youth impacted by banditry, kidnapping, and insurgency in Nigeria, the Scarlet Cord Initiative, has extended its work to Gumel in Kachia, southern Kaduna. There, it held a two-day holistic empowerment programme for about 100 traumatized women. The programme included skills training, mentorship, trauma psycho-support, and advocacy. The event, which took place in a vibrant hall in Gora, began with a simple ball of yarn passed from hand to hand, weaving a visible web of connection among the 100 selected widows. These women shared the experience of losing their husbands to violent attacks. This was not a craft lesson, but the opening act of a profound tra...

CAN Leaders Urge Action: 'Genocide' Claims Rock Jos Gathering

​ CAN Leaders Urge Action: 'Genocide' Claims Rock Jos Gathering Plateau Hosts Tense CAN Meeting Amidst Rising Insecurity Church Leaders Sound Alarm: 'Stop the Killings, Stop the Silence' Mutfwang Pledges Support as CAN Demands End to 'Christian Genocide' Jos Declaration: CAN Leaders Call for End to Violence, Injustice.  By, Justin Jattim. The Executive Governor of Plateau State, Barr. Caleb Mutfwang, has reiterated his commitment to finding a lasting solution to end the killings and displacement of citizens in Plateau State. Governor Mutfwang made this statement at the Fourth Quarter National Executive Council Meeting of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Jos on Tuesday 18th November, 2025. The meeting provided a platform for Christian leaders, stakeholders, traditional rulers, and government officials to discuss key national issues affecting the Christian community in Nigeria. Represented by his deputy, Ngo Josephine Piyo, Governor Mutfwa...

NCDC BOARD, MANAGEMENT CONDOLE MD/CEO DR. CYRIL YILTSEN TSENYIL OVER THE LOSS OF UNCLE, MISKOOM PIUS NKUP YILBIAL.

NCDC BOARD, MANAGEMENT CONDOLE MD/CEO DR. CYRIL YILTSEN TSENYIL OVER THE LOSS OF UNCLE, MISKOOM PIUS NKUP YILBIAL.  The Chairman, Members of the Governing Board, Management, and Staff of the North Central Development Commission (NCDC) extend their heartfelt condolences to the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Cyril Yiltsen Tsenyil, on the passing of his beloved eldest uncle, Miskoom Pius Nkup Yilbial, who departed this life at the age of 88. The Commission joins the family, the people of Gamaland, and all those whose lives were touched by the late elder statesman in mourning this great loss. Late Miskoom Pius Nkup Yilbial lived a life of service, integrity, and dedication to humanity. As a teacher, school administrator, and one of the pioneer management staff of the Lower Benue River Basin Development Authority, he made significant contributions to education, public service, and national development. Beyond his professional accomplishments, he was a respected commu...