Skip to main content




WE WILL NOT ALLOW THE COUNTRY TO BE THROWN INTO ANARCHY - LAI MOHAMMED

The Federal Government has warned that it will not allow the country to be thrown into anarchy following the violence that has trailed the #EndSARS protests.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated this on Saturday when he featured on a late night Nigeria Television Authority (NTA) news programme, “Weekend File”

The programme entitled, “EndSARS Protest: The Way Forward,” was monitored by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja minister said Saturday’s assassination attempt on the Osun Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, while addressing the protesters was a clear confirmation that the protests had been hijacked by hoodlums and people with ulterior agenda.

He noted that while the original conveners of the protests might have meant well,  it was obvious that they were no longer in control of the initiative.

“Peaceful protest is an integral part of democracy and that is why the Federal Government in the last 11 days has treated the protesters in a very civilised manner.

“But, if you look at what happened to the governor of Osun state,it has gone completely beyond peaceful protest against excesses and abuse of power by the police.

“There is no where in the world where a government will folds its arms and allow the country to descend  into anarchy.

“We are no longer dealing with #EndSARS  but a volatile situation that can lead to anarchy if government does not take some very firm steps to protect the lives and livelihood  of innocent Nigerians,” he said.

The minister added that the protests have gone beyond being peaceful because lives have been lost and innocent Nigerians, including workers and students, are passing through harrowing experiences.

Specifically, he said because the protesters are blocking the roads and highway, workers are finding it difficult to get to their offices and back home while many Nigerians are stranded on the roads.

“We have nothing against peaceful protest but there are civilised ways of doing so.

“This is by going to a venue where you are not going to disturb other Nigerians because where your own right stops, other persons’ right begins,” he said.

Mohammed said Nigerians should also see the protests as a smokescreen staged to undermine the administration and destabilise the country because all the demands by the protesters had been met by the government.

He reiterated that after the government had responded and met all the demands of the protesters, they ought to have nothing doing on the streets.

The protesters also demanded that the salary of the police should be increased in a manner that will be adequately compensate for protecting lives and property of citizens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Killed My Husband, Not My Mind”: Widows Reclaim Hope Through Scarlet Cord Initiative In Southern Kaduna, trauma-healed widows are turning grief into business ideas and resilience into economic power.

​Widows Reclaim Hope Through Scarlet Cord Initiative In Southern Kaduna, trauma-healed widows are turning grief into business ideas and resilience into economic power. By Justin Jattim  A non-profit organization dedicated to the empowerment, education, and economic upliftment of vulnerable women and youth impacted by banditry, kidnapping, and insurgency in Nigeria, the Scarlet Cord Initiative, has extended its work to Gumel in Kachia, southern Kaduna. There, it held a two-day holistic empowerment programme for about 100 traumatized women. The programme included skills training, mentorship, trauma psycho-support, and advocacy. The event, which took place in a vibrant hall in Gora, began with a simple ball of yarn passed from hand to hand, weaving a visible web of connection among the 100 selected widows. These women shared the experience of losing their husbands to violent attacks. This was not a craft lesson, but the opening act of a profound tra...

CAN Leaders Urge Action: 'Genocide' Claims Rock Jos Gathering

​ CAN Leaders Urge Action: 'Genocide' Claims Rock Jos Gathering Plateau Hosts Tense CAN Meeting Amidst Rising Insecurity Church Leaders Sound Alarm: 'Stop the Killings, Stop the Silence' Mutfwang Pledges Support as CAN Demands End to 'Christian Genocide' Jos Declaration: CAN Leaders Call for End to Violence, Injustice.  By, Justin Jattim. The Executive Governor of Plateau State, Barr. Caleb Mutfwang, has reiterated his commitment to finding a lasting solution to end the killings and displacement of citizens in Plateau State. Governor Mutfwang made this statement at the Fourth Quarter National Executive Council Meeting of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Jos on Tuesday 18th November, 2025. The meeting provided a platform for Christian leaders, stakeholders, traditional rulers, and government officials to discuss key national issues affecting the Christian community in Nigeria. Represented by his deputy, Ngo Josephine Piyo, Governor Mutfwa...

Unity in the Heart of Nigeria: CAN Delegates Visit Plateau State, Pray for Peace and Unity

​ CAN Delegates Flock to Jos, Pray for Peace and Unity. By Justin Jattim. A delegation of high-ranking officials from the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has arrived in Jos, Plateau State, ahead of their National Executive Council meeting, which kicks off tomorrow. The delegation was received at the Yakubu Gowon Airport, Jos, by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Policy and Governance Pastor. Yiljap Abraham Senior Special Adviser to the Governor, representing the Secretary to the State Government, Arc. Samuel Jatau, on behalf of Governor Caleb Mutfwang. Speaking on arrival, Rev. Dr. Stephen Baba Panya, Vice President of CAN, expressed gratitude for the warm reception, saying, "It is a pleasure and privilege for us to be here. We have come for our National Executive CAN meeting starting tomorrow. Our President, His Eminence Archbishop Daniel O'Call, arrived ahead of us and will chair the meeting." The CAN President, Archbishop...